Friday, October 25, 2013

Black lentils with Secret Kale

Black Lentils with Secret Kale


I wasn't even thinking about writing up this recipe except for the fact that all three of my little ones gobbled it right down, and the baby had 3 helpings. The best part is that I included "secret kale" in this dish, so it was a double WIN! 



Ingredients:

1/2 onion, chopped

2 stalks of celery, chopped

1/2 red pepper, chopped

a handful of kale, chopped extra fine

1.5-2 cups of black lentils 
(I have never used lentils from a can before but I did for this recipe and it made things super easy!) 



For seasoning:

garlic powder

corriander

oregano

thyme

parsley

sea salt

black pepper



Directions:
  1. I added the first 4 ingredients to a saucepan with a bit of olive oil and cooked everything until the onions were transparent.
  2. I added the lentils and spices and then cooked it all for about 8-10 minutes. 
  3. I served the dish to all my kids and they devoured it, easy peasy! 



It doesn't get any easier than that. 1, 2, 3 and you have a healthy and nutritious dish for your family and yourself. I will surely be making this again! I hope you enjoy! 

Thank you for reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment