Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coconut Chicken Cutlets


COCONUT CHICKEN CUTLETS

(totally Paleo!)





So, if you have gotten to know me a little bit, you might have picked up that I try to keep our house on a Paleo tilt. I was really in the mood for chicken cutlets today so I took a look in our cabinets to see what I could use instead of the tradition bread crumbs. I came away with shredded, unsweetened coconut and coconut flour. I thought it was worth a try and the results were delicious! 





Here is what I used:

4 chicken cutlets, rinsed off and patted dry
2 eggs, beaten
about 1 cup of shredded coconut
about 1 cup of coconut flour
olive oil for frying these things up









First, I set up my dunking station. I poured the shredded coconut and coconut flour on a plate and blended them together with my hands. I also beat the 2 eggs in a large bowl. 











Next I coated the cutlets in the egg. 










Go ahead and coat those cutlets in the coconut and flour mixture. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat and place the cutlets in the pan. Let the cutlet cook until brown, about 3 or 4 minutes. Flip the cutlets and cook until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. 








Let your cutlets spend a few minutes on a paper towel to soak off any extra olive oil. Then there is nothing left to do but enjoy! I was so happy with how these came out and so were the kiddies! If you want to try something new and give your chicken cutlets a new twist, give this a try! If you are a Paleo household, then this is definitely a recipe for you! 







EAT UP AND ENJOY! THANKS FOR READING!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment