Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chicken burgers with apple, maple and coconut


CHICKEN BURGERS WITH APPLE, MAPLE AND COCONUT



I had read a recipe recently that used ground chicken, apples and maple syrup and I was intrigued. Come on, that sounds so yummy! So I put a little Paleo twist on the idea and came up with these delicious burgers. I hope you like them! 


INGREDIENTS:

I lb of ground chicken
1/2 onion, diced
1 Granny Smith apple, shredded
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1/3 cup of a combo of coconut flour and shredded coconut
1 egg
salt and pepper
coconut oil for cooking

And bacon! 
Do not forget the BACON! 6 slices should do it. 



1. In a pan, cook the bacon. Set it aside. 

2. Combine all the remaining ingredients except the oil needed for cooking. I use my hands and just get all that goodness mixed together. I find it helpful to keep the faucet lightly running so I can run my hands under the water. The mixture will be a little messy. 

3. Divide into 6 burgers. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and cook burgers until they are cooked thoroughly, somewhere in the 10-12 minute range. 

4. Serve each burger with a slice of bacon on top of it. Mmmm, the bacon ties it all together! 



Hope you enjoy and thank you for reading! 





1 comment:

  1. This recipe is so delicious I can't even tell you! My son has an egg allergy, so instead of the egg I used a tablespoon of flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water. So simple and so amazing!

    ReplyDelete