Monday, January 28, 2013

Build Your Own Lunch

Build Your Own Lunch




If your kids are anything like mine, they love to be hands-on in the kitchen. So I thought I would go ahead and let them build their own lunch. The peanut butter sandwich quarters are what is meant for the "building", but there are other yummies on their plates as well:
  • Cucumber slices
  • Peanut butter sandwich (I used my own homemade white bread and organic, all-natural peanut butter)
  • cucumber slices

Toppings they can choose from in the wood bowls:           

  • banana slices
  • sweetened dried cranberries
  • unsweetened shredded coconut
  • white chocolate chips

RULES! Yes, you may need RULES for this lunch. I could already foresee 4 peanut butter squares topped with chocolate chips and that would be that.  So, my rule (Yea, only one was really necessary but you will be the judge for your own little ones, hee, hee!) was ONLY ONE SQUARE CAN HAVE CHIPS. Done. For the other 3 squares, get creative! 



     

No comments:

Post a Comment