Thursday, February 7, 2013

Easy Sweet Potato Steak Fries






EASY (I MEAN VERY EASY) SWEET POTATO STEAK FRIES


These are just too easy. They come out nice and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. I ate them just as they are but my kiddies dunked them in ketchup. Perfect as a side for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whatever your pleasure, getting the super nutritious sweet potato on their plate and into your little ones' bellies is easy! 

Here is what I did:

I used 2 large white sweet potatoes, peeled them, halved them the long way (keep the length) and then each half was cut into 4 fries. ** No reason for using the white sweet potato other than it is what we bought a TON of this week at the Farmers' Market. 

Next I drizzled olive oil over the fries, sprinkled on salt, pepper, onion powder and dried rosemary. (To me, the rosemary is key!) I tossed the fries to make sure they were all evenly coated. 

I put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 22-25 minutes, turning them halfway through. 

Finally, EAT! 

Could it get any easier?? Go make some right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment