Monday, August 5, 2013

Caveman Pancakes

CAVEMAN PANCAKES



When I think of a perfect breakfast, some key ingredients come to mind: sweet potatoes, eggs and BACON. I mean, c'mon, you have the basics, a great, vitamin-packed vegetable (sweet potato), a pure, wholesome protein(egg) and BACON! 

I tend to like things simple. I like one-pot dinners and crockpot meals. For this breakfast, I took all the yummy basics that I love and tossed them together into one pancake. 

Here is what I used:


Ingredients:

5 slices of bacon, cooked and put aside

1/2 onion, sauteed in a tablespoon of coconut oil

1 medium-large sweet potato, shredded

2 Tablesppons of maple syrup

3 free-range eggs

salt and pepper

2 tablespoons of coconut oil for the pan








The first thing I did was begin with cooking 5 slices of bacon







and began sautéing the 1/2 onion in coconut oil. Once the bacon and onions were done, I set them aside and began mixing the other ingredients. 








My next move was to shred this bad boy up.











I cracked three eggs into a large bowl and gave them a good beating. After that, I mixed in the shredded sweet potato, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, the onions, and chopped bacon. I season this mix with salt and pepper and I was ready the heat up the pan! 









Once your mix looks something like this, it is time to heat up the pan and melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. 







Scoop large spoonfuls into the pan and let each side brown. Once pancakes are cooked thoroughly, it is time to serve. 








Time to eat! ENJOY!!!!





THANKS FOR READING!!













No comments:

Post a Comment