Friday, August 16, 2013

Paleo Pork chops and Onions

Paleo Pork Chops and Onions


I love it when a plan comes together. I needed a new idea for pork chops and although this isn't a monumentally unique idea, it was really tasty so I just had to share. 

Ingredients:

4 thick cut, boneless pork chops
onion powder
garlic powder
ground coriander
ground pepper
sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil


1 large onion
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon coconut oil

Let's get to it!




To begin with, turn the oven on to 350 degree. Then get out 4 thick cut, boneless pork chops. 




I didn't measure, I just sprinkled those beauties with garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, coriander, salt and pepper. 





I heated up about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan and browned the chops on each side, about 3-4 minutes on each side. I moved the pork chops from the pan to a casserole dish. 





I picked the biggest onion I had. This gorgeous girl came fresh from our CSA organic farm share the day before. I chopped this into long slivers. I used the same pan that I used to cook the pork chops. I just added another tablespoon of coconut oil. 






When the onions were cooking, I added 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos... perfection! 






The onions did not take long to cook at all and smelled yummy. :) 







Once they are softened, I put the onions on top of the pork chops. I covered the pan with aluminum foil and placed it in the oven.






25-30 minutes later, or until the pork is cooked thoroughly, you have something that looks like this! 






I served the pork chops with steamed cauliflower and sautéed eggplant, squash, mushrooms and onions. If you give this recipe a try, I hope you enjoy!!! 


Thank you for reading! See you again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment